If you’re thinking about moving house or have just put your home on the market, here are a few questions you might like to consider before choosing who will deal with your sale or purchase. Who is the best person to deal with your property conveyance? Who will be best-placed to ensure that your house sale or purchase proceeds smoothly and efficiently, and who will always put your interests first and work hard to ensure that your dream move becomes a reality?
The answer as far as we’re concerned is unquestionably a qualified and experienced conveyancing solicitor. But you’re probably wondering why should I choose to use the services of a conveyancing solicitor, when I could opt for a licenced conveyancer? After all, they’re probably cheaper and will more than likely provide just as good a service. The simple answer to that in our opinion is that you get what you pay for. Licenced conveyancers may be able to offer cheaper prices, though when you factor in all the additional charges that isn’t necessarily set in stone; but what they can’t offer is location, communication and a personalised service.
Harold Stock’s mantra is this, if you want the best service and complete peace of mind, then only use the services of a specialist domestic conveyancing solicitor. Our experienced conveyancing solicitors have been dealing with domestic conveyances for years: they know the area and they will always put your interests first. Buying a home is probably the biggest financial commitment you will ever make, so it’s vitally important that you put this life-defining purchase in the hands of someone you know and trust, someone who knows the locality, and someone who will deal with you face-to-face.
5 reasons why you should use a local conveyancing solicitor when buying a property
If you use a local conveyancing solicitor, you’ll know they will have had years of experience in dealing with legal matters in your area: that they know the market and they’ll know the local estate agents in the locality. This specialised local knowledge is something an internet conveyancer can never provide. What’s more:
- Property transactions can often be beset with difficulties. There will inevitably be complications and unforeseen problems and you, as a buyer or seller, will want to be kept informed of these at every stage of the process. A solicitor will be able to explain the situation plainly and face-to-face. They’ll keep their promises, regularly keep in touch, return phone calls and provide a fast and efficient service. In short, they’ll go that extra mile to ensure your complete satisfaction, as their client testimonials prove.
- When you deal with a local conveyancing solicitor, you’ll know that the price quoted will be correct and will take into account the costs of local, drainage and environmental searches, Land Registry fees and other disbursements. Many online firms will initially charge a very competitive price, but add on all sorts of extras once the conveyance is completed.
- Most local solicitors will complete the Stamp Duty Land Transaction Return Form free of charge as part of the overall quote. However, some online firms and licensed conveyancers may charge extra. The same applies to the buildings insurance administration fee: most local solicitors will have included this as part of the quotation, many licensed conveyancers won’t.
- The majority of local conveyancing solicitors will not charge extra for their services, regardless of the length of the period between exchange of contracts and completion. However, some licensed conveyancers will, if you wish to complete a transaction less than 10 days after exchange of Contracts.
- When you take out an Endowment Mortgage, most firms of local solicitors will deal with any legal work in relation to the Endowment as part of the quote. However, some licensed conveyancers will charge extra for effecting the assignment or re-assignment of each life policy.
If you are considering moving house in 2017, then speak to the local domestic conveyancing experts Harold Stock Solicitors. We’re a member of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme, and offer a friendly, proactive and competitive domestic conveyancing service. If you would like any further help or information regarding our domestic conveyancing services, please call Harold Stock & Co on 01457 835597 or email email@example.com.