Slip, Trip or Fall Accident Claim

Have you slipped or tripped in a public place recently? Have you been injured and suspected that your injuries may have been caused by someone else’s negligence. Then you may be entitled to personal injury compensation accident claim.

You may have felt embarrassed at the time, but you may be surprised to learn that your unfortunate tumble is far more common place than you might have expected. Slips and trips turn out to be one of the most common accidents in Britain.

Health and Safety Executive (HSE)

The HSE estimates that 95 per cent of these trip and slip cases result in broken bones. That shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise: most people will at some time or other have walked down a street or entered a public building and noticed that there was a potential hazard obstructing their paths.

It might’ve been a cracked or raised pavement, a hole in the road or simply an unmarked slippery floor. Some accidents are just waiting to happen.

If you’re one of the unlucky ones who’ve been injured in a shop when falling on an unmarked slippery floor, or tripped on an uneven or broken pavement, you may be able to make a compensation accident claim for any injuries you may have suffered if there is evidence of negligence.

The people responsible for the safety of public areas have a duty of care to protect others from injury.

We all probably know that employers are already under a duty to comply with health and safety guidelines to prevent accidents, like tripping over wires or slipping on spillages: what many of us aren’t aware of is that similar rules apply to councils, restaurant owners, office managers, shop owners, and any others deemed to owe a duty of care to members of the public.

Have you tripped or slipped in a public area?

If the answer is “yes” then consult an experienced personal injury solicitor like Harold Stock. This area of personal compensation law can be quite complex, so it’s important to always get impartial advice from a personal injury specialist.

Our personal injury solicitors will explain the process to you, and discuss every aspect of the case from how long the accident claim process might take and what costs might be incurred, to what sort of compensation award you might be granted and who will pay these costs.

If you have been involved in a trip or slip accident and believe that this was caused by someone else’s negligence or a breach of duty of care, then it’s important that you contact a personal injury solicitor as soon as possible after the accident as there are strict time limits for dealing with personal injury compensation claims.

Your personal accident compensation claim

Slip, trip and fall compensation claims need to be started in court within three years of the accident happening, or at least within three years of it becoming clear that you were injured as a direct result of the incident.

Why choose Harold Stock & Co? 

We’re here solely to help you to receive the maximum amount of personal accident compensation for any trip, slip or fall if there is evidence of negligence. We’re here to help you and ensure we win the amount of compensation that you are legally entitled to.

Our personal injury team are experts in all aspects of public liability law and have a proven track record, having successfully representing clients who have suffered as a result of a variety of slip, trip and fall accidents. 

We will not only provide you with expert legal advice, but will also ensure that the compensation claims process is as simple as possible, so that you’ll always know where you stand.

No win no fee claim

It’s also important to remember that Harold Stock solicitors operates on a ‘no win no fee’ basis.

If you are looking for empathy, understanding and success in your accident claim, you won’t find a better or more reliable company than Harold Stock & Co. To speak to us about making a claim for personal accident compensation following a trip or a fall, please call on 01457 835597 or complete the contact form and we will call you back.

Meet our Personal Injury Team

Kirsty Dunn image

Kirsty Dunn

Chartered Legal Executive

T: 01457 835597

Darren McGuinness image

Darren McGuinness


T: 0161 456 5012

Debra Woolfson image

Debra Woolfson


T: 0161 456 5012