Tripped, Slipped, Or Fallen Recently? Then Consult Harold Stock & Co. Solicitors For Expert Advice In All Aspects Of Public Liability Law.

Have you recently tripped, fallen or slipped in a public place?

The chances are you probably felt a bit embarrassed or clumsy, but the fact is you shouldn’t. Having an accident in a public place is far more common than you might expect. In fact, you might be surprised to learn that the biggest cause of injuries is actually falling over or tripping on the street or in a public building. Hopefully, that fact might go some way to reducing any sense of embarrassment you might have felt. What it won’t do however, is compensate you for any injury or loss you may have experienced as a result of your unfortunate fall.

The ‘good’ news, if that is an appropriate term to use in the circumstances, is that you may actually be entitled to compensation for your accident, if the injury was caused by someone else’s negligence or omission. This obviously won’t lessen the pain or the trauma you may have suffered as a result of the accident, but it might go some way to compensating you financially for your injuries.

Who might be entitled to compensation?

Well, anyone who has suffered an injury that directly results from somebody else’s negligence. This might come as a surprise but, the people responsible for the safety of public areas owe you a duty of care and are obliged to protect you from injury. These obligations apply to everyone – councils, restaurants, offices, shops, and other organisations who are deemed to owe a duty of care to members of the public. If they fail in this duty of care, and this failure leads to injury, you could be entitled to compensation.

What should you do if you have tripped or slipped in a public area?

If an accident does occur, it is advisable wherever possible to keep a record and take photographs if relevant. You should also take the names and home addresses of any witnesses to the accident, retain any evidence of doctors visited and treatments received, and keep receipts for any injury-related expenses.

It is also advisable to contact a personal injury solicitor like Harold Stock & Co. Solicitors as soon as possible after the accident as there are strict time limits for dealing with personal injury compensation claims. Slip, trip and fall compensation claims need to be started in court within three years of the accident happening, or within three years of it becoming clear that you were injured as a direct result of the incident.

How can we help you?

Harold Stock & Co. Solicitors can help you to receive the maximum amount of personal accident compensation for a trip, slip or fall. Our personal injury solicitors are experts in all aspects of public liability law and have a proven track record in the sector. We’ve successfully represented many clients who have suffered as a result of a variety of slip, trip and fall accidents. Our solicitors won’t just provide you with expert legal advice; they’ll also ensure that they demystify the compensation claims process so that you’ll always know exactly where you stand.

If you are looking for empathy, understanding and success in your claim, you won’t find a better or more reliable company than Harold Stock & Co. Solicitors. To speak to us about making a claim for personal accident compensation following a trip or a fall, please call on 01457 835597 or complete our contact form and one of our solicitors will contact you to obtain all information from you.

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>