Conveyancing Pricing Information
There are two main elements to the legal costs of remortgaging a property
expenses we must pay out on your behalf
Our charges and the expenses we have to pay out on your behalf will vary depending upon your circumstances. An example quote of a remortgage of a property worth £300000 can be downloaded below. In order that we may provide you with an accurate no-obligation quote, please or call us on 01457 835597.
Likely timescale and key stages
A typical straightforward remortgage usually takes 4-6 weeks from receiving your instructions to completion. Of course, it is difficult to confirm at the outset whether your matter will be “straightforward”, there may be complications along the way such as issues with search results, delays caused by your existing or proposed new lender, etc. Whilst we are unable to predict any such delays, communication is key and we will ensure that you are updated at every stage along the way.
Most matters of this nature involve the following key stages:
- We will request a redemption statement from your current lender.
- If searches are required by your new lender, we will arrange for these to be undertaken
- We will review the mortgage deed and if you are happy with the same, we will arrange for signature.
- We will undertake a bankruptcy search
- Completion – Your new lender will forward the mortgage funds to us. We will redeem your existing mortgage and return the balance of the monies to you.
COVID-19 – Please note that our usual timescales may vary as a result of the ongoing pandemic due to issues beyond our control.
Our team has over 30 years of collective experience in delivering high-quality work in all matters relating to residential conveyancing. The team has particular expertise in residential sales, purchases, re-mortgages and transfers of equity.
For details of the members of the team who may work on your matter, please see: our conveyancing page. Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by Sarah Major, Chartered Legal Executive.