We are looking for an experienced full-time receptionist/typist to join our Stockport office. Full details of the role can be found below.
To apply for the role, please forward your CV together with a covering letter detailing your salary expectations to our Practice Manager, Alexandra Newman by email email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Receptionist/Typist
LOCATION: Stockport, SK2
DEPARTMENT(S): Front of House
SALARY: Negotiable dependant upon experience
Harold Stock & Co. Solicitors is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
To provide front of house cover for the Stockport office together with typing cover
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
You will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Answer general phone enquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone enquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organisation in a professional and friendly manner and provide them with refreshments.
- Maintenance of meeting rooms, ensuing they are kept stocked and tidy before and after all meetings.
- Audio typing using digital dictation software
- Copy Typing
- Maintaining diary systems
- Liaison with clients and other parties both in person and by phone
- Assist with the distribution of post
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Filing of documents, ensuring that a high level of accuracy is maintained at all times.
- Photocopying and scanning.
- Opening of new files
- General administrative duties
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous legal secretarial experience
- Excellent IT skills including experience with digital audio dictation software and case management systems
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- A full clean driving licence and own car is preferable although not essential